Sunday, September 12, 2010

New England Trip

I just had a vacation from New England with my husband and my maid of honor.
Two of my very few best friends in the world.
We flew to Boston then drove around for 6 days visiting a Forest park, National park, mountain, sea shores, peninsula, the Atlantic Ocean, a gay town, modern city, quaint towns and... last but not least: an outlet mall.

We drove the top of the mountain to star gaze, then again to see the sunrise, then we dipped our feet in the Atlantic Ocean, walked to a different island on foot during low tide, I ate seafood (which is rare!), cruised to see the whales, dined outdoor, contemplated on seeing a gay nude show (but decided not to), and... last but not least buying t shirts in almost every place we went just like a true tourist would do.

I love traveling. I have been the traveling energizer bunny this year, I went on three vacations and finally my husband said that he thought we have had enough vacation for this year.

Some interesting things to share on my latest vacation:

I love Boston.

If ever I have the chance to chose between living in Chicago or Boston, I think I would pick Boston. And that says a LOT, considering I love my Chi-town. But Boston was just wonderful and I love the smell of the sea.



The locals in New England have a different accent. The 'R's just seem to disappear. Like saying Baa Ha Ba for Bar Harbor and Hahvahd for Harvard.
It's cute.

We went to this vegetarian restaurant near Harvard and I just love my dish. They have bacon tempeh. It made me re-think about my whole career path because I have always wanted to have my own business. Maybe I should open a restaurant?
Food for thought. No pun intended, hehe....

We also went to Acadia National Park. At night we went up to the top of the mountain. Having always been living in big cities, I have never seen the sky so dark that all the stars shone sooo brightlly. Made me feel so small and appreciative of the beauty of the universe.
My cheeky husband kept on talking about the possibility of a Blair Witch jumping from behind the pine trees on the drive up to the top of the mountain, trying to scare us girls. The pitch dark route was quite creepy without him even saying anything. But looking back, it was drive quite thrilling and fun.
We went up there again in the wee hours in the morning, wanting to catch the sunrise. They say the people who sees the sunrise from that top of the mountain are the the first people who sees the sun in the US, since that Acadia is on the on the very east of US. We went there thinking that we would be the only three people there.
Not.
About 50 more people are already there, ready with their camera and tripods. A bunch of Asian tourists too, going to the very front and block people's view. Heh heh....


Then we went to Provincetown in Cape Cod and went on a cruise to see the whales.
Provincetown is a gay town. The rainbow flags were everywhere. Handsome handsome men walking around, but I think even if I walk buck naked there, no one would even notice.
Or they would and say: Honey, you need to workout and get rid of that 'muffin top'.
I love the town though, I really enjoyed my short time there.
I want to go back there one day, and maybe do another whale watching cruise.
There in Provincetown, I had the best fish dish ever in my life! It was their today special, grilled blue fish.
Oooh.. the fish just melted in your mouth, it was excellent.
Sigh...

Some things I brought back from my vacation were some sea shells, and 4 pounds of fat.
My bag's smelly from the seashells, and my pants are tight.
But it was all worth it.

2 comments:

Wilson said...

what happened to the food pictures???
seeing IS believing

Mrs. Blue Cactus said...

Never had the desire to stare & snap pictures at the food.
Once they're on the table.
I conquered. :)
But I think Chocoholic managed to take some pictures. But not me.