Thursday, November 25, 2004

Thankful?

Today is the day of turkey massacre.
Happy thanksgiving people!
I'm sick, got the cold, sore throat, feel nausea. Yesterday we had a snow storm (ridiculous weather). Well, yesterday was not this cold, as we all know, the day of the snow is not as cold as the few days that will follow.

It's cold now. You can really walk around the block & right away get frost bitten.
I & my roommate have been blazing the apartment with maximum heat. (Okay if you check Chicago weather, you might not find it as cold as Siberia, but... we are tropical,... very tropical).
And, my boyfriend (who promised to come) didn't come. Bailed on the last minute.
And I am supposed to feel thankful?
And let us not have anonymous comments like, you should be thankful you little twit, etc etc, because, talk to the hand, I've been there, done that. Lecture is the last thing I need, and also, I've set my blog so that everybody who comments should show his/her identity. Hah!
Sigh.... I think I'm just tired, the medicine is kicking in, so I'm tired++ (read: plus plus), sleepy, nausea (I said that already?)... and sad.
Right now, the hot air of my hometown is really really missed, preferably combined with my mom chicken soup. She's the best (Hi mom! I miss you).
Well, now come to think about it, I am thankful, even if I'm half a world away, I keep in touch with her, we talk weekly (less or more), I spend quite a lot for that, but it is worth it & somewhat a necessity. She makes my problems lighter and dark days brighter.
I'm thankful for that. I still have 1 hour till this day ends, finally I can make peace and say my thanks. Honestly, when I started this post, I wasn't about being thankful. I was in a mission of being a biatch. And I better stop here before I get biatchy again.

No comments: