Thursday, October 27, 2005

Promotion... promotion

I got promoted!!!!
I'm so tired.
I really wonder how those women do it. Those who have families (husband, kids, mother-in-law maybe, dogs, cats, fish whose tank needs to be cleaned every so often).
I think they have super-power, because I, myself, living alone in a reasonably sized apartment, no husband yet, no pets, and I'm tired.
I've been struggling with myself lately, whether it is good to bring work home and do work on weekends, when all I want to do is just sleep all through the day.
Apparently though, it pays off & I got promoted.
But I'm so tired.
Too many times I read here and there that capricorns super ambitious people, and I don't believe in horoscope. But that one feels so right.
Or is it not the astrology speaking, but more of my obsessive compulsive mind which never lets me rest unless everything is right in its place, or completely done & finished, and that twitch to make everything perfect before I can stop fixing thing? Including my work, which I never feel satisfied of.
Strangely, my boss told me that I am one of the most diligent, absorbent, bright employee he have ever had for as long as he can remember.
"I wish we can have 10 more of you."
I smiled and said thank you, but my mind just felt so tired I felt I can drop dead anytime soon.
I need my sleep, well, actually I need an extra brain and another set of hands, but a good night sleep will do too.

5 comments:

chocoholic said...

Congratulation... and celebration....
(bacanya mesti sambil nyanyi)

CONGRATS! CONGRATS! and CONGRATS!
gak sia2 yah jadi pindah ke suburbs... hehehehe...
So, kapan neh traktir2nya?

Mrs. Blue Cactus said...

Hehhehehe thanks (batting eyes, Daisy duck style). I owe you one when I go back home. :)
If I'm still alive by that time. :P

Scal said...

Congrats..... congrats...... :D. SOme say... work hard, play hard. You've been working very hard, so go play hard, grap one or 2 shot of apple martini :D.

Hmmmppppffff.... sometime I missed my contract time 1-2 years ago, where work is very easy. Start at 9, do whatever you can, go home at 7...... promotion really sucks sometime :D.

Mrs. Blue Cactus said...

I want to work hard, play harder, mucho mucho harder. But instead, it's the other way around.
:((((

BETO said...

becareful what u wish for