Saturday, August 28, 2004

It Rained in Ravinia

I'd been waiting for this day for over a month now . Been gushing talking & planning for it.
Why?
Well, I bought these tickets to see da man, Tony Bennett. I love his music. Well, actually I love his and any kind of music by someone in the same genre and about as old as he, dead or alive (hint: Frank Sinatra). But since Sinatra is no longer in the same cosmic as I am so Tony made it to numero uno.
OK, so my roomie thought that she wanted to stay home instead, got some other issues to handle so it left me and my beau. I've been eyeing the weather forecast for the last 10 days and got to conclusion that the weather wasn't going to get better. The weather hated Tony Bennett. It's raining, cloudy hazy, chilly, and windy (read my previous post), you name it.
So there we were in the middle of the big lawn... , a big sea of umbrellas. (Sigh) I remember thinking, 'all the things people do for Tony Bennett'. And it was hard to find a good spot. My beau asked me how we're going to sit in the soaked-up grass, so we rented some chairs. I felt bad for my beau, all of this was my ambition for another guy (Tony Bennett is another guy) and he went along with it, drove me there, put up with the weather and the soaked-up grass. Did I mention it was cold? Yep, it hadn't changed.
Now, I'm a tropical creature, okay. I don't perform well in cold weather. I'll catch a cold 10x faster than most people living here. To make it worse, it was still 2 hours till the show began.
So,... look... this is what my beau made me. A nice tent made of plastic, chairs and an umbrella rooftop (not shown here).
While people were soaking wet, I sat reading my magazine. Dry and wind-free, eating some fried chicken & freedom fries. Sharing a blanket with my beau.
Life is good.



1 comment:

Scal said...

How the hell he made such tent? Anyway.... no wonder it is so hot here... the sun has start moving to the south, and now it is on the top of Jakarta I guess. *Sigh*