Sunday, April 15, 2007

It went bankrupt

In the event of finding a better job, I searched for all the companies I can remember that had interviewed me in 2004 and turned me down because of my lack of experience. Hey, who knows that now they found me appealing enough to join the group.
I remember my first, ever, interview in the US to a company in the Chicago loop area. I was sooo nervous and I was desperately hopeful (finding a job when you are jobless and only given a limited amount of time to find it is no fun ride, you know). And they turned me down.

Hm,... which is fine coz at least I get a feel of what an interview is like and learn what I have missed & haven't nailed.

So, I search the website for that company and found out... just now... that they have gone bankrupt.

Thinking of that movie, sliding doors, and where I would be today if they had accepted me to the company and then they went bankrupt and ditch my ass to the curb.
Maybe I should feel lucky right now.

4 comments:

Scal said...

Who knows that they are actually looking someone with experience to save their ass?

Or maybe if you joined the company they might not went bankrupt, by emplying someone with the idealism of a fresh graduate?

chocoholic said...

Exactly what I am thinking too.

Mrs. Blue Cactus said...

Me? Joining them would've prevented them from going bankrupt? Hehe... I'm not that good.
I guess some things are just meant to be...

Wilson said...

well...

on the flip side... maybe by joining that company will make the company go bankrupt sooner... ha ha... because they really can't afford an over-qualified graduate..haha... I'm in my nice mode today...