Saturday, February 28, 2009

When I told my mom years ago that I am dating this Seventh Day Adventist Christian, my mom said, "But... you guys have different beliefs. You will have a hard time later in life with this."

I said, "Nah, it's going to be okay. We'll work it out."

Today, I sit here with heavy and burdened heart realizing how right she is. No matter how hard we work it out, fundamentally we are screwed. It's like we stand on the different side of the line of fire, while holding hands, it's crazy.


It's frustrating.

And there's nothing I can do. It's a choice I have made, and I am standing by it. Even though my hands are burning.

5 comments:

chocoholic said...

Hey roomie,...
u got my mobile, so just yell if u need to talk k?

Mrs. Blue Cactus said...

Thanks Chocoholic.
:)
I need to learn the art of agreeing to disagree.
And the art of bowing out gracefully from a crowd.
AND... I need to learn to draw the line and letting people know if they have crossed it.

And the art of origami,... but I think that can wait... :)

Maybe one of these days we'll chat.

Scal said...

Hey.... don't freak me out. I am more or less in the same situation :D.

Hope all goes well....

Mrs. Blue Cactus said...

Hey Scal,
Yeah,... see I'm not the person who agrees with the concept of converting religion for the sake of a marriage... I don't think converting for that reason would be the right one... hope all goes well with you too.
:)

chocoholic said...

hey you two...
hang in there!
as bon jovi would say:
KEEP THE FAITH!!

^_^