Monday, June 22, 2009

A Day In The Life

Today I worked remotely from home.
I set my cellphone alarm at 6 AM, thinking that I would still be pretty much in a comma for the next half hour.
Then I forced myself up. Then I ran with Bandit around the block, then feed him.
Then I showered.
After that, I ate a couple slices of cinnamon raisin bread (I don't know why I like it while I'm never really a bread person, I think it's a seasonal thing, it'll be over in a week and I'll be back in disliking bread and worshiping potatoes and noodles).
Then I logged on to the office's network.
People from work, mostly the India team, started to call me through the IM one by one with their problems/questions/requests.
I'm their big mama at work, whether I like it or not.
Then some even called.
Then I did some conference calls.
Then we had some issues which needed immediate resolutions.
Solved.
I took Bandit out so that he can do his business.
Then I called my mortgage broker to talk about my refinancing.
Today ChicagoDimCorner and I refinanced our house.
We put 20 thousands more so that we can pay our house sooner.
We're broke and poor now. Broke broke broke.
But, it's all good.
I went to the Bank and got a money order for the refinancing.
The lady from the title company came and we settled the refinancing.

We are then twenty something thousands poorer now than this morning.

I worked some more.

Then we went to the post office and walked the dog, then we cooked dinner, which was supposed to resembled some Cuban meal we had when we were in New York.
It was good. I love the mango salsa part.

Watched some TV.

And here I am.
Tired.
I feel like an adult and I'm tired.

All I think about is to be able to not exercise but still feel good about myself, not having to work, not having to think about mortgage, refinancing, balancing my checkbook, cook my own meal.

And now I have to go to bed, so that tomorrow morning I can do it all over again.

No comments: