Friday, June 12, 2009

Encounter with Marni

I called my mom earlier today in the evening (which means their morning time the next day), but I was a little bit too late because they had already gone for their 'out-of-town' weekend with their friends and some of my aunts.
I knew that my mom has a new maid at home, and it was her who answered the phone.
She picked up and said hello as if she's actually screaming it from my house in Jakarta, through the sound wave, traveling the pacific ocean, directly to my ear, here, in Bolingbrook, IL, USA.
So I asked for my mom and she said, oh they have left for the weekend already. She asked me who I am, and I answered, I'm the daughter.
And then enthusiastically, she said " OH!!! YES! MISS LINA!!!! RIGHT?"
And I said, no, I'm Miss Lina's younger sister (while thinking, this was all moot. I didn't really need to explain the family tree to her, while I knew that my mom wasn't there anyway).
And she said, "OOOHH... YES... YES..."
And I don't know why, I continued by saying "The one in the America."
And, gee... did she get excited. She said, "OHHH... SO THIS IS FROM AMERICA??!!!! OOOH... HELLO MISS!!! MISS, MY NAME IS MARNI, I'M NEW HERE, I JUST STARTED HERE FROM LAST WEEK!!! MADAM MENTIONED THAT SHE IS GOING THERE TO AMERICA NEXT WEEK, RIGHT??!!"
Whoa... wait a second...
Now... Marni absolutely threw the bomb there so I said, "Huh? Really? I don't know...."
"YES!!"
"Well, Marni, alright then, I will call them on their cell-phone"
"YES... YES..."
And so I hung up.

I texted my dad, I said: I heard from Marni, the new maid, that you are coming here next week (Like Marni is my new BFF, and like coming here meaning like from Jakarta going to Puncak).

So he called me and we talked a little, and he told me that they might.
But definitely not next week.
Maybe sometime this year.

Huh... that Marni is a riot. Though I have to fact-checked her statements and I think she needs to use her indoor voice, I think she's amusing.

1 comment:

Scal said...

Hahahahah.... amusing indeed she is :D.