Friday, June 26, 2009

To-Do List Before I Die

I have bought myself several empty journals in this month.
First because I was reading Eat, Pray, Love and I thought to myself, I should have a book just like the author where I can write to God, and have conversations with Him. Especially when I'm feeling sad, or confused or in need of a friend that no mere mortals can console.
So I went and came back with a journal.
I have started writing in it. Yeah, already I did. Apparently I have dormant worries, confusion, concerns in life. I also have some friends I wanted to mention in my journal. I call this book as my Prayer Journal.
Another book I bought yesterday. Now this one I call as my Thoughts and Inspiration Journal. This is where I think I would write about my goals, where I want to be in life, focus in life, anything... basically to keep my perceptions in check as a third person.
The first entry I wrote was: Things I Want To Do Before I Die...
Luckily I did not put some number, like, the 10 things I want to do before I die. I found out that I am so boring, I can't even reached 10. I stopped at number 7 and I stared blankly at it, unable to dig in within me, what I want to do for number 8.
But anyway, maybe it was the hunger (I'm trying to eat less, yes... doctor's order... gosh darn it), maybe I need some sleep.
So... here we go,... The Things I Want To Do Before I Die...
1. Sky Diving (I know... I know... I keep on thinking about it and do nothing about it).
2. Go to Japan and explore their culture (Been there, never really go to the rural traditional parts of it).
3. Have kids and teach them well in life (I think this would be my biggest legacy in life, the hardest yet, I would imagine, the most rewarding). And I would underline the teach them well in life part. The having kids part, I think would be piece of cake. :)
4. Paint an oil painting and proudly hang it in my house.
5. Go to Alaska
6. Learn pottery and make some pottery objects that I can call my creations.
7. Have a series of professionally-taken self portraits before having a baby so I can cherish them later when I am old and toothless (hopefully not toothless... but you never know)That's it!
I know I want to travel, but I have yet to dig in more.

And No, I don't want to try bungee jumping, I think when I die, instead, I would be glad I duck out of it. And I don't know why it's so different (in my mind) than sky diving. I guess, I'm afraid that the rope would snap.

Anyway... enough about me. Anyone wants to share your to-do list before you die?

3 comments:

Scal said...

Some that I cross my mind instantly:
1. Do a serious surfing
2. Learn to fly a plane
3. Boating
5. Traveling on round the world ticket
6. Skiing
7. Sky diving
8. Capoera

Mrs. Blue Cactus said...

Pardon my ignorance... but what is Capoera?

Scal said...

It is a Brazilian traditional dance :D