Sunday, April 17, 2005

I Met the Real Focker

Goodness, let me tell you a little story about my roaming about yesterday with my roommate & my boyfriend on Michigan avenue.
There's a street band who always performs on weekend on a busy corner near water tower place. With their flute, trombone, saxophone, et cetera. And I and my boyfriend once heard they played happy feelin' by Maze & Frankie Beverly ( I know,... oh so seventies). It is a very fine song & I was determined to wait them played that song again yesterday. So after standing near by and spend about 2 (very long, jam session) songs, we moved to the actual water tower & sat on the steps there, just enjoying the view while we (as usual) took some pictures. After about 2-3 other songs. I figured that, oh well... maybe another day, the thought of sushi made Happy feelin not to sassy anymore.
So I walked back home, hopped on some horse poop, and I saw a pretty lady was posing for a picture standing by a man. People were starring & I wondered, who's that lady. Supermodel? An anchor woman? And my roommate said "Dustin Hoffman!!!" I looked around, "where??!! "
Hm,... as you might have guessed.... the little man beside that georgeous lady is Dustin Hoffman. And I missed that.
Thinking that the fan is the celebrity, I missed the actual celeb.
Then Dustin walked away.
Sigh....
...
...
Anyway, my point being is that timing is everything. Had I not lingered around waiting for the band to play 'the song' I would have missed Dustin out and about on the street. And on the extension on that point, "everything happens for a reason". That should be my next motto beside "Total world Domination".
Secondly, I need to jump as fast as a cat the next time I see a celeb. I hesitated for a few seconds and Dustin vaporized like dust.
Next time, Dustin,.... you mark my word, I'll get you next time. No matter how scary I'll appear to you.

No comments: