Monday, June 26, 2006

Yesterday I went to Chinatown to have yummy dimsum with some old friends.
It was raining and I was late so I ran around in the apartment like crazy and bolted out, slammed the door and headed there as soon as I can.
I headed to the highway and manuvered here and there. I know that when my boyfriend read this, he's going to scold me, but whatever... he can't be that mad to me. By experience so far, I got away with almost anything with him.
I am a quite safe driver (wipe that smile out, hunny),... as long as I am not provoked.
So, I was driving fast,... but safe.
But in the middle of the trip, the highway was suddenly packed. It was pretty bad and I spent my time being stuck there thinking what could have had happened. I bet it was an accident. Well, after a while it was pretty obvious that it was indeed an accident.
BUT! It happened on the other side of the fence. On the traffic going to the other side.
Now... my side of traffic, they are just spectators who apparently just slowing down to... yes, you guess it... to watch the accident.

I have a college super best friend, her house is only about 0.2 miles away from my place and we went to school together daily with her car and driver.
Her driver's name is Marno. Marno is a funny character. He was a man with very fewww words. And his thing was that when an accident happened, he would go to the extend of slowing down - almost a full stop - and even open the window to get a better view. I'd imagine that if traffic permitted he might have changed his lane closer to the accident.

So, everybody on the road yesterday was pulling a Marno. And the traffic could've been faster if people would be more ignorant and just pass by. Wait,... did I just say that?
We'll... you know what I mean. I wish it wasn't anything serious and nobody got hurt,... but people... please hit the gas and just accelerate.
Thank you!
I was starving and the thought of dimsum brought warmth in my heart.
Ah,... dimsum has always been the highlight of many of my Sundays.

2 comments:

Scal said...

If you ever drive in here, believe me, it always happen here.

Seems that it is the same in any part of the world, eh?

Mrs. Blue Cactus said...

Yeah, that's the thing! I think it is a universal human behavior.