Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Maid of Honor

Before continuing this entry, I should just say, that I just scratched out all my closest male friends.
Anybody who are not willing to wear a dress will not be my maid of honor.
Period.
Plus even if they do, I think I don't want them to.

So, one of the important things I need to consider is who will be my maid of honor?
I asked a coworker for what is common and who hers was. She said: her sister.
Well, I can't ask my sister because I don't think she cares, plus my sister is 7 years older, she won't be the kind who would get giddy, be all peachy about this. She might even ask: Does this mean more work for me?
Yeah... she's the tomboy kind, plus with two kids who are constantly running and jumping around and fighting and screaming and sigh... I don't know what else, I really really don't think she's up for it.
Don't get me wrong, I know she loves me, but she is more like a male than female. NO pun intended. That's fact. I don't think her right side of brain is really working.
And so,... that leaves me my friends.
I have a bunch of friends. Well, little bunch because I'm somewhat an antisocial. But I have really close friends that are as good a sisters. Friends who've been through all the periods of my all of my ex boyfriends (till the current one), the singlehood period, the dating period till the engagement period. People who chanted my boyfriend's name hoping that I would subconsciously fell for him. People who cheered when we finally officially dating, and people who think I have a good catch. And of course, people who (with dial-up connections) logged on for emergency chatting sessions. Yes, you know who you are.
And there is also this one person, whose sincere friendship initiated her gesture to offer her place for me to crash for two months before we moved into a bigger place, lied to some people to save my ass (hah! That's all I'm going to reveal), back me out in practically everything, and despite what she always said that she bugged me and my boyfriend on our dates, she never realizes that when she left, we missed her companionship dearly. You know that cricket sound often times played as the back sound in movies to emphasize quietness? Yeah, imagine that with me and my boyfriend sitting in the sofa looking blankly to each other.
If this 'maid' should be an honorable one, then I have plenty of girlfriends. But if I have to pick one, then she is the one.
That senorita is my good old roommate.
I have asked, and she said yes. Yay!
Now,... roomie, one of us should stay sober at the bachelorette party. I'll wear that bachelorette tiara and veil, but should we do rock paper scissor for the booze? Let's have a series of apple martinis (or pina coladas for you) and dance along the old-skool beat.

3 comments:

chocoholic said...

Haiya....
no paper-rock-scissors needed lah. There's no point in having a bachelorette party if the bachelorette is not wasted. So rest assured that I'll be high on H20 for your bachelorette party, and leave all the booze for you to take care of.
Hahaha...

Hmmm... wonder if I should get my dad to start "importing" those Duty free Absoluts.

^_^ (Think I can already see my horns growing out of my head now).

Btw, seriously,
thanks for asking me, roomie.
I'm really really honored... more than you'd ever know

^_^

Scal said...

I don't think her right side of brain is really working.

Hey, that's not fair.... you are left-handed ;).

Mrs. Blue Cactus said...

Mine works. :D Sometimes too well, in fact.