Monday, July 31, 2006

Bye bye Greg

Greg Maddux is leaving Chicago.
Now, first of all... what do I know about baseball anyway? Besides all the rambling from my boyfriend about his frustration on his beloved Chicago Cubs.
I don't consider myself to be a baseball fan, and I might not be writing this right, but one thing I know is that I think Chicago Tribune sucks. For a company that owns and runs a major league baseball team, it should run it as a fan. Rooting for it, bet their lives against it, rather than keep on trading people to get... what? A better deal? It's all back to the money, huh?
Chicago tribune doesn't give a damn whether the club loses or not. All they know is that, sucks or not, the Cubs is a well oiled machine. It's a garden beer, might be the only place where you can drink in broad daylight without anyone judging you.
I'm pissed.
I'm very upset.
I don't even know why I'm upset.
Maybe also because Greg Maddux is one of the coolest, most good looking pitcher I've ever seen.
Sigh...
And the curse continues...
Bring in the goat.

No comments: