Thursday, July 13, 2006

I forgot how complicated the procedure of dressing up can be.
I went to my boyfriend's friend wedding last Saturday & found it very tedious to dress up.
Maybe this year, that was the only time I used foundation and compact powder.
And I underestimated how long it would take me to dress up and when my boyfriend came, I'm not entirely ready. Psst... I got carried away chatting with a couple of girlfriends.
So the commotion went like this:
Shower (duh!)
Pedicured
Filed finger nails
Dried hair: pulled straight... changed mind,... took out curling iron. Got the bigger roll... didn't work as expected. Get the smaller roll. Waited in vain for 15 minutes... then realized: the switch was off. Switched it on.
Continued with pedicure.
Lotion. Lots and lots of lotion.
Looked for foundation. Scrutinized if there is an expiry date. Nope. Good. Shall I take the chance? Hell yes, there's no time to go to dept store now.
Applied foundation.
Brushed powder.
Defined eyebrows. Then realized I haven't plucked my eyebrows. Nice. Plucked eyebrow. Wondered why that my non-existent eyebrows decided to showed up together when I don't need them to show up.
Eyeshadow session.
Applied cheek blush.
Eyeliner. Held breath. Pray that I wouldn't sneeze when applying.
Mascara.
Lipstick.
Now, back to hair.
Curled, section by section. This was maybe the only time I was kinda annoyed I have so much hair.
Hairspray.
Get dressed.
Boyfriend buzzed from downstairs. Buzzed him in.
Looked for purse. Found purse. It's so small, my wallet didn't make it through.
Asked the classic question: How do I look?
Boyfriend gave the classic answer: Fabulous.
Perfume. not too much. I don't want to kill the crowd. Just enough to let people know I don't stink.
All this activities made break into sweat. My face started shining from it.
Re-applied powder.
Decided to bring the whole make-up pouch.
Grab shoes. Grab purse.
Run out from the apartment.
...
Wishing I was a man and thought of what I could have skipped the whole morning.

No comments: