Sunday, January 30, 2005

First Day Anxiety

First day on the job always brings me anxiety. Especially, this time it’s about a job that I want to keep. I think basically I’m prone to stress, and like my boyfriend said, I can always find something to worry about. You see, he is someone without a single worry gene within him and my frantic mood always amazes him. Sometimes I would panic about one thing and cried and he looked at me with this look and smile. And his smile would make me look silly & then I laughed too (feel like kicking him on the shin, but… well…). I don’t even know how we can be together after all these years. Maybe opposites do attract.
Anyhow, I have been having some interesting bumpy ride on year 2004 & earlier this year and I don’t think I have bumpier ride in my life. Bumpy ride really makes you stronger in a way you have never thought before. I never thought I would say such thing. Hah.
Last Friday, I finally come to my new company’s headquarter office in downtown (and finally meet the HR guy). We had lunch in Petterino’s which apparently is just around the block from the office.
Something he said really stuck in my head, and that is: “you shouldn’t worry about things that you have no control about.” It was out of the context when he said it, but that sentence really stuck like power glue.
Amazing! People keep on sending me hints not to worry, not to be stress-out, even people who don’t know that I am a stressed-out freak.
So well… I guess today, I should not. Tomorrow is my first day and I am worry (by nature, by default), but I will try not to. For a day, I will let everything flows like it’s supposed to be.

1 comment:

Wilson said...

I'm a worrier.. I can definitely relate.
Symptoms :
1. sweaty palms, dry mouth
2. goofing off and doing something silly, like knocking over the whole control board and falling off your chair ( I did that... :-( )
3. inability to speak properly... responding with mostly with "yes" and not much else....

Don't worry...if you can avoid all of the above you'll be just fine... :-)

Best Of Luck, dear.....