Sunday, July 31, 2005

Saddest Movie Yet So far

Last night I saw House of The Flying Daggers.
*Finally*
I've been curious about that movie and been wanting to see it, especially after Hero.
I dig Hero, though many people don't. I guess the thing is with these kind of movies, people are just not used to: 1. Reading subtitle while watching a movie and 2. They are not used to a very sad, depressing ending. If you love the endings of all Adam Sandler's movies (a.k.a. Hollywood ending), then these kind of movies are really going to make you leave the theater feeling like you need prozac.
I told my boyfriend: Gee, this is sadder than Romeo & Juliet. Shakespeare is nothing compared to this. Romeo & Juliet looks like comedy.
If Shakespeare knew about this story, he would've risen back to life & re-written some of his chapters. Maybe add another guy or something. You know... to twist things up.
I love this movie though.
There was such beautiful sadness in it. And though I don't admit it, my boyfriend said that I'm somewhat melancholic.
...
...
hah! Yea rite.
There was *AGAIN* some fighting scenes up on the bamboo trees, just like Crouching Tiger & Hidden Dragon. Everybody was swinging & jumping from tree to tree. They chopped off the bamboos to use as the weapon, it was pretty cool actually.
At this point, I remember my boyfriend said "Poor Pandas, if they chop all the bamboos, what would the pandas eat then? They only eat bamboos, you know?"
I looked at him.
Speechless.
I guess his discovery channel instinct suddenly surfaced.

Well anyway, if you are ready to get artfully depressed, go ahead and rent it.
I do think it'll be worthwhile.

Favorite line from the movie: "I sacrificed three years for you. How could you love him after three days? "

No comments: