Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Hauling my Sanity on Vacation

Oh, Lordy, my mom mentioned today that she wants to take a trip with the whole family (incl. me) when I visit later next month.
One way to home from Chicago cost me about 20 hours of my life. Just sitting there till my a** is sweaty and moldy.
I hate flying.
I hate the food, the seat, the buzzing sound, the tiny restroom, the snoring neighbor, the fact that I have to ding the lady in uniform, just to get a cup of water.
It's always too cold for me, I can't sleep, I can't do anything, but stare at the boring movies... or not.
Can you imagine if I ever took that offer to be a Singapore Airlines Girl?
I don't know what I was thinking. I was smart not to be one.
fiiuuffhh.. that was a close one.

I'm dreading this vacation. Not the destination, just the journey.
So, now that my mom is throwing some ideas to go somewhere while I was there.
I think I fainted for a split second while on the phone with her.
I also think I need to talk to my mom the concept of time: I'll be there for 2 freaking weeks, minus jet lag, 2 days, minus the days I'll spend shopping, that's 5 days, minus the time I'll spend to meet my friends, that's 2 days (I might have to arrange 5 lunch dates in a day, though). I want to spend some time going to the some the classic-must-see places, such as Bandung, and sort. It'll be nice to have around 3-4 days just doing nothing, because that's the whole point of vacation, isn't it?
Then, voila! I have to go back home.
Now, where is the time for me to pack & go to Hong Kong for 4 days?
Oh Lord...

No comments: