Wednesday, November 16, 2005

I'm going home!

I'm going home!
It been too many blue moons passed by since I set my foot on the dirty, old Jakarta. And I've been eating too many cheese burgers that I can't stand it anymore. And I've been speaking too much English that I don't know squat about Indonesian slang.
Plus the layering of my hair is not nicely structured, I've been missing Hanky Tandayu all this time.
I've been missing my dogs that I start looking at all types of dog food & tried to decide what kind I should buy and bring home for them.

I wonder if I'd cringe & hang on tight to my seat as I ride along the traffic of Jakarta.
Which, by the way, reminds me of that song "New York, New York" that said if you can make it there you'll make it anywhere. That's bull crap, I challenge New Yorkers to drive in Jakarta. They'll have a heart attack.
I miss 3 years of my nephews lives. For all I know they might have their driver licence by now and drive around in their dads' cars, picking up chicks.
Oh, Gosh, I think just I had my first heart attack.

I heard about all the new shopping malls and wonder if I can ever conquer the quest to visit every single one of them in 24 hours.
I also wonder if I can dig Indonesian music. And watch the local soap opera programs for a full hour without giggling, not even once. And restrain the urge to mock the story line, or the characters, or the dialog, or just simply the stupid title.
I know for sure though, that I won't be reading the newspapers. Because I know I still think that the goverment sucks and they can just kiss my a**. And I don't want to upset myself and feel humiliated by all the stupid decisions my country leaders have been making to my beloved land.
Anyway,...
Right now, it's 20 F out there, or about -5 C, but I can feel the hot, sticky, air of Jakarta as I gave my travel agent my credit card number.
It costs me twelve-freaking-hundred dollars.
Yes, American dollars.
Not Yen.
Still, my heart is humming: Joy... joy... joy...

4 comments:

Wilson said...

excellent. welcome home. maybe we can hook up and tell me all about your wonderful rollercoaster ride... When are you coming?

You're coming, I'm going... :-) Yes...where? well.. that's to be revealed later in my blog....

Mrs. Blue Cactus said...

Around Christmas time.
Yay!

Scal said...

A home, no matter how sucks it is, is still a home, which brings joys and other memory of the past :D.

Welcome home. Do drop me a call when you're here, please :D.

Mrs. Blue Cactus said...

My home sucks. Not that I'm saying that I don't love it. But it needs to get its act together.