Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Consumerism Day

I almost forgot it's Valentine's Day if not because my boyfriend sent me a text message in the morning saying Happy V Day.
Awww... he's nice that way.
Valentine's Day is a Consumerism Day. Not that I against it, but I just can't appreciate it much for some unknown reasons.
Maybe it's a culture thing, or maybe I'm just a sceptic, or maybe I just don't feel like going to an overcrowded restaurant and the waitress is so busy that he/she can't even serve us properly and after that I have to pay double for the meal.
And also I don't like roses. Especially the red ones.
Too many petals, and they're thorny.
Anyway, my boyfriend gave me some pink tulips though, which is nice and more than enough.It was funny because he literally asked me for hints of what I want for Valentine's day & I told him, some tulips maybe nice, but please don't overspend.
We should not yield to the consumerism day!
We have consumed a lot anyway for no apparent reason all throughout the year, not just Feb 14th, so why should this day any better than the rest, consumerism wise.
Spare the card, I don't need it. Don't mistake me for being cheap, but honestly I never know what to do with card after I read it. Do you keep it? Or throw it away?
Please, someone, enlighten me.
And he stopped by that evening & we had dinner together ( frozen food, I don't cook this week, I'm busy) and with me in my PJ, we watched DVD.
It was nice. It was no difference than any other day we've been having all this time.
So what does that say?
(Can I be corny for a second? No? Are you sure?)
Well, what the heck, it's my blog, if you don't like it, you have to just bear it.
That means, that I think I found my (wink wink wink) couch potato partner for life.
Ain't love grand?

1 comment:

Scal said...

That's exactly what is in my mind. Why do people like to spend double or triple, just to celebrate Valentine with their loved one? Love? I don't think so.... maybe they are just the victim of modern lifestyle.

Anyway... about card... keep it. People sometime wrote a lovely words in cards. Read in in the next 3-5 years together, and you might laugh. I did, with some old mails (yes, snail mails, I keep it *Wink*)