Sunday, January 07, 2007

Duck, will you come to my place?

I have always loved going to Naperville, an old suburb in Illinois where only the rich can afford, especially in the town's downtown area. The downtown area is about 4 - 5 blocks in perimeter, full of little charming, shops and dining places, a river where you can walk and (tough actually forbidden) feed the ducks. Lovely place.
Yesterday was a quite nice day for a day in January even the ducks were still swimming in the river. Stupid ducks, I know, they should've migrated to the south months ago.
And one of the must-to-do thing there is to take pictures.
So pictures were taken.
My boyfriend has this thing about taking our own pictures with his own fingers.
But the thing is, he kept on looking at the monitor and not the lens. Not only that, sometimes he focused so much on it that his expression was like he's taking a very difficult math surprise quiz worth 50% of his final grade.
Hehehe...
So many of the pictures have him looking constipated or smiling but looking at odd directions or both. Ah,... my boyfriend cracks me up. He truly is an extremely unique human being.
Now, whenever we took our own pictures, I keep on reminding him, look at the lens and smile, which apparently makes him chuckle, which is similar to smiling, and click! there it goes.
Alas, I can't show my pictures here, because it'll beat the purpose of me having a 'stage name' for my blog, etc to hide my identity.
Here is a picture taken by him.
I was asking the duck if he wanted to come to my place and be my dinner.
Just kidding, little ducky.

2 comments:

Wilson said...

hmmm... this anonymous thing... really is taking its toll, isn't it... :-)

your post kinda reminded me of the roast duck I had the previous weekend... marvellous... :-)

Mrs. Blue Cactus said...

Yes it is... I begin to wonder until how long it will take for the upper management to find out that I'm not really crazy about working there. :D

Roast duck... hm...