Wednesday, January 31, 2007

I went to see the Departed and sneaked in to see Pan's Labyrinth since we still have like an hour to spare before the Departed started.
Pan's Labyrinth scared the HECK out of me.
The horror is not the kind that makes you jump from your seats but the kind with constant eeriness throughout the movie.
Just wish me luck that I don't get any spooky dreams tonight.
I don't like weird creatures with curled horns and freaky legs. If you call those legs. I also don't like faceless creatures with eyes on their palm of hands.
Sigh but anyway...
My boyfriend doesn't like the Departed. Me? I think it's not bad, but I saw Little Miss Sunshine the day before, and Blood Diamonds a few weeks ago. I think I would switch the Departed with Blood Diamonds for Oscar nomination. Besides, it conveys more important message. Hey, I like a little bling bling here and there, but it really opens up & broaden my point of view on diamonds, and of how much protected our knowledge here, in our little lala land immaculate bubble where the most important thing right now is ... the Superbowl.

So,... again wish me luck tonight. I know I'll have a dream tonight, let's hope it's not about the creepy creatures. Or Jack Nicholson.

4 comments:

Wilson said...

i don't see the point of spending hard earned dollars to be creeped out in movies, i'd save that for real life :-P... nope.. happy shiny people is what I'd watch... actually about to ask you.. how is "little miss sunshine"? is it good? sounds like a feel good thing..:-)

Wilson said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mrs. Blue Cactus said...

Hey Wilson, I wanted to see as much Oscar nominated movies as possible. :) Hence the Pan's Labyrinth.
Well, Little miss Sunshine is a very dry comedy. Dry as the desert. So if you can get dry comedy, then, go see it and you'll laugh your pants off. It's about a bunch of depressed people traveling in a Volkswagen.

Wilson said...

whoa... a comedy on bunch of depressed people... sounds just like my thing!!!.. something like the 40 year old virgin??... :-)
never mind... i'd watch!!