Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Rejection

I got another rejection.
First, I got this email of a possible job offer from a company. And this job, they offer you lots of perks and benefits. My favorite ones are: we believe in 40-45 hours per week, casual dress code, shorts and sandals is encouraged, drinks and snacks are always available.
Sigh...
But, as I should've predicted, they don't hire foreigners. And I am one.
And the very nice first email turned into a one liner from the recruiting manager saying that, nope, we're not interested in you then since you need sponsorship.

So, this morning when I got the reply, I thought, why do I even have to bother with this crap?
A foreigner.
Huh.
Back home, I can just drink coconut right from the shell and enjoy life.
I remember my mom asked me: Are you sure you want to do this? You will have to work hard out there. You will have to be strong, can't be a whiner, can't be a weakling, can't be a slacker, if you want to survive.
And I remember I said yes.
Well, it was actually a 'hell yes'.
And, cliche as it may sound, life is about choices, and I've chosen to break out from my family's lil' wonderland bubble and went here.

And here so I am.
And this is what I've become: a grumpy hustler.
Although..., retrospectively, if I have the chance to do it all over again.
My answer would still be a 'hell yes'.
Because, I believe that life is also about the journey, not only the destination.
So, this foreigner, she is going to make it.
And she's going to make it
... in style.

4 comments:

Wilson said...

Rock on sister... :-)

how grumpy, is grumpy, anyway... how far away from hell, yes! are you now?

chocoholic said...

i agree with u, wilson...
ROCK ON, sista'!!

life really is all about making your stand. yours is something i wish i could do.
really do envy you...

hang in there and enjoy the ride.
i'm sure 3,5, 10 or 20 years from now, u'll look back with a smile.

i think nothing beats the sense of accomplishment after busting your ass off like that.

besides, i think one tends to find a reason to be grumpy anyway.... i think it's human nature. so i bet if u wanted to, u'd somehow find a reason to be a grumpy weakling had u chosen the other path.

Mrs. Blue Cactus said...

You're right, Chocoholic. I don't think I'm wanna be that weakling grump. Thanks for the reminder that it could be worse. :P

Well, Wilson, I can be really grumpy if I want, but I try to tone it down to mediocre grumpy. Depends on what's for dinner and what's on TV.

BETO said...

the 'ol feel good comment,

its their loss.