Saturday, December 30, 2006

Stop The Darn Clips

Arrrgggghhh...
This is the fourth time in the past 1.5 hours that I saw the clip on the TV on Saddam Husein before he was executed, with the Noose around his neck.
I completely get it. He was a narcissistic brutal dictator who killed thousands of lives and had rapists sons and as much as I'm not in favor of capital punishment, I guess there are thousands of people cheering this execution to happen.
BUT...
Do the media really have to expose his final moments like it's some cheap clip about Britney /Lindsay partying?
I went to CNN and saw links to different video clips with title like: 'inside the execution chamber', 'Hussein in Hangman Noose', 'Hussein Body Wrapped in Shroud', and many others.
I thought, despite everything, Saddam's final moments should stay private. And mind you, not everybody is in favor of seeing the clips. Like me, my boyfriend's been playing channel hopping eveytime those clips start popping up on TV. Because he knows I don't want to see it.
I think this is just a cheap way of 'some people' to show to the public that 'justice has been served'. Oh please... we are sooo far away from justice if this is the closure.
And, by the way, where is that weapon of mass destruction? Has anyone check Saddam's armpits or bushy beard? Maybe he hid it there.

3 comments:

chocoholic said...

Did you hear about the boy who accidentally killed himself imitating the video?

Mrs. Blue Cactus said...

Oh holy crap...
Really?
Sigh... :(

chocoholic said...

Yup.
A 9-yr old boy in Pakistan.
I heard the gov there were saying that it's just a freak accident of some sort and the parents were to blame for not properly supervising their kids.
Sad huh?