Friday, December 22, 2006

I am ... 30

Okay,...
This is it. Point of no return.
I am officially being yanked out from the 'twenty-something' league.
And in the office, people kept on saying "'welcome to the league!" which, sigh..., honestly I responded with a very wide forced grin.
Anyway, I woke up just now, in the middle in the night, thinking: man, I really am not feeling happy about this.

I got an interesting text message from my sister though: Happy birthday, wish you all the best. You are sleeping, aren't you? Hey, is someone going home to Jakarta? I like that Bath and body lotion, my heels are cracking, give me two bottles, OK? Get me some with very nice fragrance. Thanks.
Heh.. as much as I love my sister, I do wonder why she can't talk about her cracked heels any other day.
But... good that she remembers though. It could've been worse. That's what I told myself.
Now, the text message from my bother is like this: Happy birthday, it's from me and your sis in law. Your nephew will sent his birthday wishes tomorrow, when it's the 22nd over there. He's terrified of wishing you birthday now, coz people told him it might shorten your age.
Made me smile, with a thought, shorten my age? It won't make a difference, I'm going downhill from this point anyway.

However, now that I am thirty, I thought, I have to try to make this positive and cheer myself up or I'll look back when I was 40 and regret the fact that I wasn't having fun.
So, I'm going to spend a day in the old 'hood, downtown that is, and have a nice lunch with my boyfriend.

As much as I hate turning 30, I am thankful though, that I am well, and in a good place in life. Good boyfriend, good career (somewhat, sigh...), good family, good friends, good health, financially independent, a little money in the piggy bank, still have hair, no visible grey ones (yet), still fit in the wedding dress (but we'll see after tomorrow), and having a nephew whose afraid of me having short age which is flattering.

Now I have to go back to bed, claim that beauty sleep, because let's face it, there are eye bags that might appear that no 30-year-old can cover even with the best make up.

No comments: