Wednesday, June 29, 2005

City Love

I bare my windows wide open today and invite the city to come in.
A girl two stories down from me in the apartment across my windows as usual is working on her laptop. I quietly look at her & say my goodbye as I do this blog.
And the middle age guy who sits by the window (also working with a laptop) is somehow nowhere in sight. He might be having dinner with whom I suspect is the wife.
My two companions, not knowing each other, never exchanges smiles, but they never fails to give me the sense of stability.

My room is empty, as cheesy as it might sound, apparently as empty as my feeling.
I don’t know what I’m looking for anymore.
A city girl who’s trapped in the term ‘efficiency’ and moving to the suburb to get closer to work.

Am I ever going to go back to the city?
Having the privilege to walk to a grocery store at midnight wearing pajama, buy some beer and go to the roof top and wonder how far you can spit while the horse carriage passes by on its way home at old town area is priceless.
Will there be picnic at the lake shore again?
And will it feel the same? As a visitor rather than a resident.
Will I miss the fact that I can literally walk to the bars and clubs and go home totally wasted without having to worry to drive or have a designated driver. Yes, I will definitely miss that.

It's the end of an era. I feel crappy. I hate the way I'm handling this. I guess, I’m just being honest.
I’m a city mamacita.

"Friday evening, we've been drinking
2 AM, I swear I might propose
but we close the tab
split a cab
and call each other up when we get home
falling asleep to the sound
of sirens" - City Love, John Mayer

No comments: