Thursday, September 29, 2005

Janet my diva

Confession time.
I love Janet Jackson. I know, I know, boob incident this year is shocking. I mean shockingly gorgeous boob. Huh! just kidding, I really meant it was shocking. I remember screaming and pointing to my TV like a thirteen year old boy. "Haaaaaa...!!!!!"
Thank God I don't have a 7 year-old kid with me. I would've been the one in therapy sessions trying to discuss with the experts how to explain that to the kid.
Anyway, what I meant was Janet 12 years ago. The janet when I was in high school. Singing "that's the way love goes". BTW, I just realize that her album cover that time was also involving her being naked while some guy was coping her boobies. (What is wrrronggg with her???!) But I love her anyway. Just like some giggly girl defending Britney and her love choices.
A few days ago, I was browsing for some CDs and I found her old album: Janet, released in 1993.
Besides feeling completely old and moldy, I felt intrigued to check it out & listen to some of the clips.
Felt like in one of those quantum leap episodes, I was zapped back to my high school uniform and at Aries' yard with some pom-pom (since I was trapped into some bizzare/surreal cheerleading competition, enough said). Also zapped back to the crazy headmistress nun regime. Ah the good old days.
Very old-school. Me with my eyebrows unplugged.
So, I bought the CD. It's not a Jobim, but it's still a great one. She was my diva.
What a sentimental fool, my boyfriend will mock me I know. But that's okay, I always find some counterkick to mock him back. Hah!
So, let me have my CD already.
I'll be waiting by the mailroom door.

3 comments:

BETO said...

janet jackson???
u do sound like a teen girl who defend britney and her love story...

janet jackson???
ugh...

BETO said...

well...at least not celine dion

Mrs. Blue Cactus said...

I knew it I knew it.
It's not even half an hour after I post it.
I'll be back with vengeance to your blog.