Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Bunny Girls

I saw a reality show a few days ago about Playboy girls. I think it is called girls next door (or something like that). I think y'all know what it's all about huh? And thinking about girl next door. It's very unlikely that people can relate with the term girls next door and find the girlfriends of Hugh Hefner walking around. Take example: Me. My girl next door is a 80-something year old girl.
You see, I’m a bitch when I want to. Like the bumper sticker that my roommate gave me “I can go from 0 to bitch in 2.5 seconds”. Yep that’s me.
But I always try not to be critical about other people’s lives even if I would rather be caught dead than living their way of life, per se.
And there I was, bored and sleepy on my couch. And what else can a girl do but wash dishes OR be a couch potato?
I, of course, choose the later one. Dishes will just have to wait.
This show was, hm,… interesting. In the midst of it, I found myself feeling (in my tiny apartment, no chef, no maid, no filthy rich boyfriend, no mansion, no limo, no red carpet premieres) damn lucky for not living those girls lives.
No thanks.
Sharing one wrinkly old guy who wears a silk robe everywhere he goes (and one of the girls even share her bed with him,…. Everybody, together say it with me: Eeewwwwww!!!!), sharing mansion with other girls, calling themselves the girlfriends of Hugh Hefner.
Hohohoho…
I’m sorry girls. No, there’s no sympathy when you shed your tears because you have not made it to Playboy centerfold. Seriously. No kidding.
And I just laughed out loud when one them said that she knows that people call them bimbos and gold-diggers, but… they are not. They are not Hugh girlfriends for the money.
Honey, you can be stupid, bimbo, gold-digger and whatever it is that you want to be. I would have had more respect to you if you said you were.
At least I will respect your honesty.
It is funny how I react to that show, thinking that I'm not a feminist nor that I claim to be, but having this urge inside to yell at the TV: "That is a flat-out lie! You are a bimbo! At least admit it with pride. Do something with your life. FYI, there's a world out there outside the mansion!"
Sigh...
I guess I better of sticking with the West Wing and C.J. Craig.
That show is just not for me.

No comments: