Saturday, August 20, 2005

Life Sans Supervisor

After my supervisor was let go1 I found my eight hours per day seems to fly by like a snap.
Is that a good thing?
Is that a bad thing?
I don't know. I guess that's a good thing.
But I know this: I sleep well at night. Not because I've achieved everything that I think I should achieve (which is total world domination, obviously). But because I'm tired. And I know this too: That I can manage being a trainee and trainer, have meetings, log documentations, do some research for my boss, have lunch, check on how the new person's doing, do reports, all on top of my usual job routine, then go home, clean my apartment up, call my mom to the other side of the world for an hour and a half and still able to be excited to talk about stuff, reply some emails, pay bills, while cooking oxtail soup and do some self studing at night before I helplessly fall to sleep.
Wait a minute.
For sobbing out loud,... I think I need to workout too. It's been ages since I workout.
Now, would 1 AM sounds like a good time?
Let me write it down on a post-it or something.
Oh, forget it.


1 --Carter Duryea: I'm gonna have to let some people go.
Dan Foreman: Why do you say let them go? They don't WANT to go. Why don't you just say fire them?
Carter Duryea: Because it sounds better.
Dan Foreman: Not to the person getting fired it doesn't.

--In Good Company--

2 comments:

Wilson said...

Lucky you,

My supervisor just won't go home until 9 EVERY NIGHT.... which leaves working out after 10 PM...

Wanna follow my lead and workout after 10 ? It's like midnight indomie telor rebus, but with more sweat... :-)

Scal said...

Ah.... damn.... I'm half dead, handling 5 projects at one time. I think I need a holiday.....