Tuesday, August 30, 2005

A Doofus Hunk - Oximoron? Who cares....


Watched Wimbledon last week. I didn't think that I'd like it but apparently I enjoyed it. Though Ebert & Roeper only gave it 1 thumb up, but to be noted that the thumb down from Roeper is a 'reluctant thumb down'. So, it was almost a two thumbs up.
I know that some chick-flicks really tick me off, but this one I like. I'm not going to review it, though, because I'm lazy. I'm just gonna say Kirsten Dunst made what looks like a very delicious smoothie when she's furious. (You have to see it to know what I mean). Hehe... (wicked laugh).
I also don't like pale guys, and Paul Bettany is pallleee (as casper) & blond. So blond that you almost can't see his eyebrows. Look,... look at the picture. Almost no eyebrows.
But the story-line made him fall into category 'cool guy', an almost-hunk even. Maybe I'm weird, I like down to earth guy and I don't like bad-ass guys. They're a waste of time. And I kinda like dufus guys too. And that's why I'm falling for the character, though the pale actor playing it would definitely fall out of my category of a hunk.
I even ignored the fact that many of the scenes involving the character being all sweaty, which in my obsessive-compulsive little twisted mind is actually categorized as: 'GROSSSSS!!!'. (Again, see the picture, look at his arm).
So, rent it! Or buy the pirated one, or.., borrow.. whatever. And tell me if I'm right. Dufus guys are the best bet.

No comments: