Sunday, December 11, 2005

Hi everyone, my name is ***, I'm a road rager.

I just come to realize lately this very bad pattern when I'm driving.

First of all, let me tell you my philosophy when I drive. I'm generous at giving people way. I let people change lane in front of me. As long as they give signal beforehand. That's because I'm jumpy and don't appreciate it when I got scared.

I'm also big at 'the right of way'. I honor those who came to the intersection first, and I will wait and let them pass first. I also yield when I'm going to a bigger street. I don't like it when some bozo just expects me to hit the brake just because they decided to heck with it and cut me.

Lastly, I'm a slow driver. Slow means that I obey the max speed limit. At most I would go 5 miles more than what the sign said. Why? Because I was stopped by a police officer once because I went 52 miles/ hr when I should go 40 miles/hr (thank goodness I could wiggle my way out of it. I know... I'm charming when I try to). Also, I live on the biggest street in the town and there, policemen are constantly hiding behind every single bushes they can find and jump to every car that passes by with speed more than the limit. If I get a dime for every police car I see on my way back and forth to the office, I'd be rich.

So, given my mental situation. It is bad to cut me. I will honk you like crazy and chase you down and give you angry expressions. I consider it very impolite. No manner at all.
So, never cut me.

Once, I was driving on the slowest lane and this car behind me just pass me by and cut me right in front of my nose. I think I know why he did it and that's because I wasn't fast enough. But heck, I was going 40 when the sign said 'speed limit 40'.
If you want to go faster, then be my guess and pass me by. I won't get mad.
But don't pass me by and cut my lane only a few feet way from my car.
That day, I got so mad that I chased him down and not realizing that I already passed my apartment.

Yeah. I'm crazy like that.
It's not recommended though. I turned my boyfriend white the other day when someone cut my lane.

I'm a road-rager.
My temper has always been sort of my weakness. The more I think about it, the more I started to remember all the similar kind of outbursts: like that guy I chased (together with the equally crazy roommate) because he groped my butt, or the bus I chased back home because it hit my dad's car & it attempted to run away (yes, I ran and chased it and hopped into the bus and yell at the driver to stop).
I turned my dad white that day.
Later that night, my dad knocked at my room, came in and hug me and said: "I really really appreciated what you did, Honey, but next time, just let it go, okay?"

So, hi everyone, my name is Bluecactus, and a I'm a road-rager trying to recover.

No comments: