Thursday, December 01, 2005

My ex-neighbor, Ms. Winfrey

Most people, I think, are really into Oprah and her majesty kingdom.
And maybe I am thought as a fan too, especially since I lived my first years in Oprahdom a.k.a Chicago, and her pointy apartment tower is within walking distance from my apartment.
And I was , actually, in awe of her power and her good deeds and her talk show which doesn't include stupid sessions like 'Who fathered my child: the Ultimate Paternity test' or 'I slept with your sister and I'm going to elope with her'. You know, Jerry Springer-ish kind.
And I like how she does her make-up. I mean her make-up artist does her make-up.
If you've seen her without make-up, you'll know what a major transformation it's been.
Bravo to the make-up artist.
But, nope.
Not a fan.
Do I hate her?
Nooo,... I hate Bush more. I don't cringe when I see her on TV, like I him.
I have this tendency to flip the channel when the person doing the monologue or speech stutters or do a lot of pauses or stare in blank when asked questions.
That's why I don't watch Bush. Because he is getting on my nerves.
But, back to Oprah.
I think, she's just not my cup of tea. I don't understand why she gave all that cars to the people coming to her show, or has sessions like 'Oprah's favorite things' where she would give out expensive stuff to her live audience.
Maybe that's because I'm jealous?
Hehe... that could be it. But I think, I was ticked because with her power, those stuff, or cars can go to a more deserving people, an orphanage or I don't know, anti-cruelty society (my favorite organization).
I've read that her crew picked out the audience carefully for the car give-away, but I also heard that many of them just plain lucky. Have you calculated the tax for the car per person? I read it in an article my boyfriend sent me, it cost each person $7000.
Again, American dollars, not Yen.
I also know that she would call to Newman Marcus before shopping so that the store can be closed and she can shop freely.
Yes, it must be hard being a celebrity.
Like I said, I don't hate her, it's just the petition going on for her to be nominated for Nobel prize is... just absurd.
And her blacklist to some people is just over the top. I can't imagine being angry to Dave Letterman for 16 years. Yes, he is mean at times. But that's his bread and butter. I think Dave mentioned Clinton in much more awful jokes, but he came to his show anyway.
Oprah should chill.
Be more like Ali G.
As he said at the end of his wacky interviews:
Booyakasha!

1 comment:

chocoholic said...

Hey, roomie...
you should try to convince J-Lo to go to Conan's Late Night Show then....
Didn't she boycott his show 'coz of one incident back in the days?