Monday, December 19, 2005

I'm Coming, With 2 Big Luggages Full of Crap

Two more working days for me. Then I'm off to home.
As predicted, I'm going somewhere else after I land my butt home. We're going to Bali, which is not too bad, considering it's only a little bit more than an hour (compared to Hong Kong, around 4 hours).
I'm 95% done packing. I shocked everybody a few days ago when I told them I haven't packed, not a single thing. Then their wave of panic was contiguous enough to make me start packing (and done in a few hours,... thank you very much).
And I also went to the bank to get some crisp, clean, unfolded hundred dollars bill. To get the best rate, the year should be 2003 and up and the serial number should NOT begins with C or DB or DH.
Can you imagine how stupid those rules are?
Unbelievable.
The teller looked at me like I was mental. That was pretty embarrassing.

I only packed less than 10 pieces of clothing, I figured that since we have maids back home, I can just recycle them and wear them over and over again.
But then I called my mom & she start advising me about all the occasions I'll attend and what kind of clothing is appropriate, and now I have about 30 pieces of clothing, for the 13 days I'll be home.
Sigh...
And the shoes,... I'm not even going there.

Next step is to figure out on how I will sleep on the plane.
Thinking about buying some sleeping pills but, not really fond of the idea.
Plan B is to ask the lady in uniform to bring me something strong like vodka or something like that. That might work.

Lastly, prepare myself to face it.

And what is it? (This is so like that Ebay commercial).

It is my lovable, crappy Indonesia.

No comments: