Sunday, December 19, 2004

Movies of The Year

I just watch Ocean Twelve last week. Ugh... man, I should sue for my money back. I don't like it. I liked Ocean Eleven, despite the questionable little facts. But, hey, it's Hollywood, give it a break. And There are just too many hunks in the movie that made you cut some more slack. But even the studs in Ocean Twelve didn't really do me anymore.
It's okay for movie stars to play as themselves in the a movie. But if the character in the movie was actually someone else and then she played herself (as a movie star) to con people AND she was actually able to fool the whole Rome and Bruce Willis (playing himself,... as Bruce Willis). I mean,... how stupid can Bruce Willis be?
It's just doesn't make any sense.
Anywhooo, not to follow my boyfriend's blog about giving end of the year awards, but I think it'll be fun to have my own movie awards.
So here we go:
Best romance movie: Hero (I don't usually like doomed love, but.. anyway...) and the Village
Best action movie: Kill Bill vol 1 & 2.
Best dufus guy in a movie: Peter Parker - Spiderman 2
Best Cartoon: Is finding Nemo in 2004? But anyway. I love it.
Funniest moment: Spiderman got dizzy and took the elevator down to ground floor.
The biggest mood killer even before going to the movie: Bridget jones 2 - Being in a Thailand prison. That will do.
The most confusing names to track : The characters' names in Hero
The best tough-love scenes in a movie: Ray Charles' mom in Ray
The most turn-off hunk: Prince Charming - Shrek 2 - I don't like men who stare on the mirror more than I do. I'd choose shrek anytime.
The sexiest villain with one eye: Darryl Hannah in Kill Bill vol.2
Best Heroine: Uma Thurman in both Kill Bill.
The spookiest villain: Adrien Brody in the Village as Noah
Best Kiss scene: hm,... can't decide yet.
The only time I cried watching a movie for the whole 2004: Fahrenheit 9/11
Movies I like but critics hate: The Village
Director with sexiest wife: M Night Shyamalan.
Saddest moment as a Tom Hank's fan: Watching The Ladykillers
The most awaited movies: Harry Potter & the Village
The best act so far: Jamie Foxx - Ray
Best Hair makeover: Hemione in Harry Potter 3 (compared to the first).
The best professed love: Lucius Hunt in the Village - "Why can you not stop saying what is in yours? Why must you lead, when I want to lead? If I want to dance I will ask you to dance. If I want to speak I will open my mouth and speak. Everyone is forever plaguing me to speak further. Why? What good is it to tell you you are in my every thought from the time I wake? What good can come from my saying that I sometimes cannot think clearly or do my work properly? What gain can rise of my telling you the only time I feel fear as others do is when I think of you in harm? That is why I am on this porch, Ivy Walker. I fear for your safety before all others. And yes, I will dance with you on our wedding night."
Boring action movie: Bourne Supremacy
Scariest Movie: Van Helsing (I am phobic to vampires/ blood sucking creatures) & the Village
Wouldn't be caught dead in: the theater watching teen movies (Ella Enchanted, Confession of a Teenage Drama Queen, The Princess Diary 2, etc)
Having said that, I wanted to see Mean Girls but never did.
Okay, I'm going to see Finding Neverland today and maybe I'll update this posting afterwards.


No comments: