Sunday, April 23, 2006

Earth day

I bet you know that 'Mercy Mercy Me' by Marvin Gaye is a song about ecology and how mankind abuse it. Well, every time I hear the song, there's a part of it that reminds me of the all the sushi I ate, all the pollution I've sucked in and the land being commercialized for the new, the better, the bigger, the higher highrises.

I'm not the green-peace kind of person, but I do love nature and its habitat.

It is so sad to see the earth is going down being abused by mankind.
So, to honor Earth day, when Scarlett was ever so dirty yesterday, I didn't go to the car wash place & bathe her.
Besides, I've always been trying not to use air conditioning as much as I can, or let the water runs when I brush my teeth. And thanks to my boyfriend, I recycle paper waste now.

I'm kinda a pessimist at times, and i know that my contribution might be meaningless at all compared to all the damage done at the same time. But, heck, that's something I think I can do. And that makes me feel slightly better.

"...
Where did all the blue skies go?
Poison is the wind that blows from the north and south and east
Woo mercy, mercy me, mercy father

Ah things ain't what they used to be, no no

Oil wasted on the ocean and upon our seas, fish full of mercury

Ah oh mercy, mercy me

...

Radiation under ground and in the sky

Animals and birds who live nearby are dying

...

What about this overcrowded land

How much more abuse from man can she stand?

...
"

No comments: