Thursday, April 20, 2006

A gal pal is on the search

It hit me today, that I no longer has girlfriend bonding to any females, except for my coworkers (doesn't count) and my mom (also doesn't count).
My roommate moved a year ago back to the other side of the world. I moved out from my 'hood and my friends.
And now, I have no girlfriends.
I mean, I have girlfriends, but not the one that I can physically meet up easily for Sunday brunch or something.
And now, I haven't called my boyfriend since afternoon, I don't know where he is, I think his cellphone is dead and he told me that he's going to be out but I think his business is not done yet.
Then, it dawn to me, that my boyfriend has been bearing the double duty as my galpal.
Although, I don't exactly push him to go into Victoria Secret spent hours there.

And besides, I think sometimes I got the feeling that he doesn't really 'get it' when I talked about some issues, like my bitching out about how my day went, or when I was being PMSy and sensitive and cranky. But he does try to fill that role.
But now I'm wondering if I'm pushing my luck too far.
And if he has too much of me.

I guess I'll never know, because he would say no. And I would always wonder if that's the truth.

Ideally, I should find some girlfriends. And I should run an ad, just like those people in craigslist.org.
And when I manage to stir the courage to do so, I imagine the ad should say something like this:
Looking for a gal pal, who's witty, bitchy, spunky. Doesn't like boy bands. Likes to eat out and doesn't count calories on everything. Non smoker, loves autumn and animals. A good listener, a good debater and opinionated, in a good way.
Only need a liiiiittle time to dress up, take a shower and put on the make up.
Likes watching TV. Have good knowledge on pop culture. Must dislike Bush.
Not a fashion victim, and most importantly can distinguish the stupid chick-flicks and the high quality ones.
P.S. Doesn't have Damsel in distress syndrome. Superwoman syndrome is higly welcomed.

How about that?

3 comments:

chocoholic said...

Hey roomie,

What the heck is Superwoman syndrome?

Good luck btw on the next American galpal search. I'm sure ratings would be good ^_^

Mrs. Blue Cactus said...

Well, basically the non-sissy, non-pansy women. :D
The kind who doesn't sit around whining about everything, waiting for a prince to climb up her hair.

chocoholic said...

Oic....

Thought you meant someone who can spin around and change into a skimpy outfit (and put on a tiara-like hair accesories) in a nano-second....

Oh wait a minute.. I guess that's wonder woman.... not superwoman...

:P