Sunday, April 02, 2006

My very own JFK Jr.

Never in my romance life would I thought that my parents who have very high expectation to all to the boyfriends I have had (which, by the way, not much), would approve a guy to marry me.
This topic might seem a little jaded since I've been engaged for almost a year now. But I have had the hardest time with them since their first reaction to all of them has always been the same, which is: NO. We do not approve.
My parents wished someone stable for me, independent, a gentleman, love me obsessively, faithful, a Catholic, have short hair (I once had a boyfriend with long hair, I didn't like it, but apparently, my mom hated it even more), came from a nice family, well-educated, good-look is a plus, preferably a little bit older than me (and by the way, I've never dated anyone older than me, isn't weird?), and so on, and so on.
I remember telling my roommate once, with that criteria, then I might have a chance if I date John F Kennedy Jr. But he got lost in the sea. Plus he's married anyway. And, I'm not sure if he loves me obsessively since we never met, and the faithful part is kinda questionable.
Then, came my fiance, he is not even Catholic (gasssppp!!), he's a few months younger than me (that's strike two already), and many more questions were risen.
But, after all the commotion, and they met on Summer 2004, I don't know how he won them, but now, when they sends gifts from Indonesia, he gets more stuff then me.
My dad sends text messages to him every once in a while. My mom asks about him all the time.
I mean, how the heck does that happen?
It seems like they are very fond of him.
Like yesterday, they sent him 2 shirts, 4 Adidas hats, a Brazil soccer wrist band, and what do I get?
Nutin'
Nada.
Zero.
I think I'm going to veto the wrist band.
Apparently, he is my parents' version of John F Kennedy Jr.

No comments: