Tuesday, April 25, 2006

My Side Job

Brace yourself.
I'm going to reveal my other secret occupations.
I
am
a
Tarot
reader.
...
Don't laugh, I'm freaking serious. I've been doing this for years. My cards was brought from Netherlands, it's a french Tarot.
Am I good at it?
Mmmaaaayybeeee.
Maybe not.
But who cares? Because I'm signing off. I have faith in it. I believe in it and put effort in learning it. My mom is a great fortune teller. She has talent that I will never have, not in a million years. But I don't want to be a Tarot reader anymore.
Because some people just abuse my free time.
I just told my roommate the other day, some friends just take it for granted. All they look forward when meeting me is for sessions over sessions of tarot reading. Honestly, I think, they don't need my cards.
They'll do just fine.
The right man will come, the right job will fall on their path, the right decisions will be made, the business will do well, the year is going to be great. Because the future holds thousands of possibilities. They don't need my cards just to ask if the cute guy they just met is 'da one'.
And if you happen to fall for a jerk. You don't need my card to tell you that you deserve to find someone better. My cards are just the explicit affirmation of their subconsciousness. Something that they already have in the back of their mind. They just need a push to kick the jerk in the ... (you know what), leave him on the curb and start living their lives. (Am I being too hard?)
I try to live with uncertainty. It's hard, when you know that you might find an answer from the 'third drawer from the top' (there's where I keep my cards). Or from your mom, who practically owns a mental crystal ball. I do ask questions, but I barely do. Only in dire emergency.
I was 'fortune-told' too much during my adolescent time. Believe me, knowing less is better than more, especially when we are talking about the future. The element of surprise brings color to your life. Don't you think?
I almost never shuffle for myself. I did. But almost never. Only for problems I can't control, like if my job is in jeopardy, because if yes, then I might want to start hustling for another job or be prepared to go back home.

So, I'll tell them, I'm converting to be a the ultimate solitaire champion.
Or a mud wrestler... nah, just kidding. Obviously, for a potential obsessive-compulsive like me, that's just gross.

No comments: