Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Guilty. I voted for American Idol

I voted for Elliot Yamin. Upon request from my best girlfriend back in Indonesia.
Yep, shameless as a starstruck teenager, I dialed and dialed, until my boyfriend called me and I got distracted.
I voted for 14 times (or so) and I already felt like I have contributed a lot for the dude.
And he still got to the bottom three.
What a voter gotta do?
Anyway, you see, I don't usually vote.
I don't vote for American Idol, I don't want to be in the crowd. Be generic. Join the hype. This is so not like me, the ignorant, antisocial, careless, cynical bitch.
But this guy, he is okay.
And what made me easily agreed to vote for him is one simple fact.
About maybe 5-6 weeks ago, he sang Moody's Mood.
That's it. One of my favorite songs in this planet (search it, it's worth your time, or send me a message I will send it to you).
So, anyone who sang the whole song of Moody's mood and succeeded without being pitchy, deserves my vote.
Because I know from the many times I sang that song in the shower.
I sucked!
That song is hard to sing.

Anyhow, though, here is my reality check about American Idol: Elliot Yamin will not win. Why? Because he is not bad-boyish, handsome or tall enough.
Can he sing?
Yes, he damn well can, and so does Mendisa in this matter, who got booted off last week.
But should this be a contest about singing talent?
No, this is a thug of war contest of whose fans' fingers dial the fastest.
Plus, I know that there's a community whose whole purpose is to vote the worst singers. Maybe that's why that juvenile contestant who looks like Chicken Little lasted that far.
So who might win? It doesn't matter.
I think who will win is FOX Network Executives.
And Cingular as the phone network provider.
And I'm one of the victims, who next week will still be voting again, as appreciation for the singer of Moody's Mood, even though it might not matter at all.

To see the 'moody's mood' performance: click here

1 comment:

chocoholic said...

That's one heck of a song ...