Wednesday, May 24, 2006

I am nervous about my wedding. Very very nervous.
Not cold feet about it, but more like, nervous about all the things that I actually need to take care of, and haven't yet.
And as if, one wedding is not enough, I might have two receptions and two different church ceremonies. My mom wants to invite 1000 people and I'm fighting for 500 people.
Still fighting. It ain't over till it's over.
And I don't want the conventional kind of wedding where you stand for hours greeting people that you hardly know and after 3 hours, your feet are sore and your hand smells like grilled mutton.
I want to sit.
And eat.
And listen to the music.
And be able to talk with my groom, and not being under the hot spotlight.
I want a small wedding. The smaller the better. What matters to me is the people I know. And the flowers. And the music, and the food. But not the quantity of how many people I manage to invite.
If it is up to me, then I bet we'd just elope to Vegas, take a lot of pictures as proof, then go straight to the honeymoon.
Then we'll just post an ad in the local newspaper saying:
We did it!
BlueCactus and Dimcorner have eloped!
Don't bother calling us to congratulate, because right now we are sunbathing in the Caribbean.


Ah.... that would be perrrrrfect. Very tempting. Because honestly, I don't care what people think.
But, being a good daughter that I am (wink), I care about my parents' feeling.
And because of that, I have to wake up now and go back to reality and plan the two receptions and the two church ceremonies (which leads to two dresses, and many other twos).

No comments: