Wednesday, May 31, 2006

I have been noticing this for quite a while now that my windows are facing the direction of O'Hare International Airport. The distance between us is actually 20 something miles away and I can't actually see the airport, but everyday that I sit on this chair (aka my throne) where I do my daily interaction with the outside world through the gate of internet, I can see the planes passing by, slowing down, shifting lower and lower. Then I would just stare and guess where it came from?
Is it from Hawaii?
From Tokyo?
From Rio?
From Rome?
From Vegas?

Then a story contemplated in my head. This plane came from Rio. The people inside it just had the vacation of their life. There, it's sunny and beautiful, the sand is white, the ocean can't be any bluer, coconut trees are everywhere. And none of them has coconut fruit (because it can hit your head and that wouldn't be the vacation of your life anymore). The pina colada there is unsurpassed. People wear sarong and sunglasses. The hotels are gorgeous and the clubs are awesome, they have the best apple martinis.
Then the song "Down in Brazil" played mentally in my head "Down in Brazil, it takes a day to walk a mile, time just stand still..."

Then another plane passed by.
Now this one came from Tokyo, They have the best sushi there, I went there once,... and I went to this one beautiful temple and drank water from the well there. Legend has it that if you drink the water, and make a wish, then your wish will come true.
I made a wish there, but I can't, for the life of me, remember what it was.
I want to go there again and make another wish. This time I'll make a note and put it in my wallet.

Sigh... I crave having a vacation.

No comments: