Saturday, May 27, 2006

Yesterday I was looking for some air filter for my car at Walmart and was going through the list to find my type of car & what type the air filter should be, when all of a sudden, I guy ask me in a raspy scratchy voice "Do you need any help finding anything?"
At first I thought he worked for Walmart, but, no worker at Walmart would wear jeans to work and have no name tag, don't you think?
So, the bitch inside of me starting to react and I just said "I'll find it." without even looked at him and just kept on staring at the list.
Then he said okay and left, which then lead to me feeling bad for being 'not nice'.
But after 2-3 minutes later he showed up again and I was still there with the list and he asked again "Are you sure you don't need any help with that?"
Now, okay...
FIRST OF ALL!!! I said I'll find it and that should leave to a conclusion that I don't need any help, even though after minutes later I was still not done with the list.
SECONDLY!!! And this is kind of personal, but, I don't like being asked again and again whether I need help with something because I am not some bimbo who thinks that buffaloes have wings and mistakes tuna for chicken. Do I look stupid or what? It's air filter list, not rocket science.
And If I don't find it then I will ask someone who officially work for Walmart with blue apron with slogan "HOW CAN I HELP YOU?" who's not creepy looking.
So, I looked at him straight in the eyes, paused for a second to make sure that this time he heard it and said... "No."
He smiled and shrugged and tilted his head to the side and said "Okay", like it is natural to go to a store and insist people to take his help.
CREEEEPY!
The eastern culture inside of me said that I have to be nice to people, but sometimes when you are nice to people, the creepy strangers would just work their way into a conversation or something and man, I'm just not up for that.
And I am a nice person, believe it or not. Just don't press my button, that's how my roommate describe it.

Then later on I told my boyfriend about the creep and he said "do you wear this shirt when you went to Walmart?"
"Yes."
He smiled and said only one sentence "Then, that's why he was so into making conversation with you."

I wore a low cut tank top.

Sigh... the different perspectives of male and female.

No comments: